Saturday, April 29, 2017

A Child's Enchantment By Polly Guerin






















Let's escape beyond the forest trees
A secret life, the Lilliputian's,
                                            if you please!

Where fairies build castles and dens
 And write pretend stories by the pen

Their little houses can be seen by day
At nighttime they come out to play

Tiny folk in green leafy clothes
Of moss and floral they pose

To amuse a summer's day at play
We join in the merry romp today

There we enact fantastic tales
And slay dragons it never fails

Imaginary monsters an sing songs
Tripping through the velvet faun

In this enraptured place I belong
I count the days, that I be gone

A thunderous storm burst forth
All the tiny dwellings were lost

Yet, I remember enchanted time
That only fairy tales can remind

Those wondrous days do not last
We grow up, my dear, far too fast!






No comments:

Post a Comment