Thursday, May 11, 2017

WHISPER a PROMISE By Polly Guerin

Agostino Carracci's Whispering Angel











I promise to be really really good
My intent is firm and understood

I'll try to commit to one tiny favor
The joy I give for someone to savor

Whisper a promise on the face of the moon
Remember to keep loyal an to make room

Do something kind at moment's notice
Grasp the opportunity and give advice

Make a pledge, stay constant and firm
It's easy to do it right now and learn

To donate an volunteer to a worthy cause
My true intent enriches it all as I pause

To remember some other older friend
Call often, sending cheers to the end

Make time to send a sweet written note
A thank you card is the best I wrote,

Send someone the perfect loving gift
Whisper a promise, don't be remiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment