Wednesday, June 15, 2016

THE GIFT OF INSPIRATION By Polly Guerin

THE Gift of INSPIRATION

Where fore art thou inspiration?
I seek it here an there for sensation

Why dost thou remain an elusive gift?
Though I research pagebypage an sift

Seeking references in every place
I wonder when it will soon embrace

My music sends me on my way
Do pray, let me be inspired today

Reading newspapers are a source
And archive research is not a loss

For words to pen a pithy story
And tempt readers even if gory

Then suddenly my muse kicks in
Alas dear friends it's time to begin

When I am inspired time disappears
I'm drawn into magical spheres

There's a thrilling feeling of elation
As I set sail with inspired creation

Drawn into a world of my own realm
A tumble of words spill out it seems

I am drawn into this fantastic dream
And something opens up the stream

The gift of inspiration appears on its own

More wonderful, than I have never known.

No comments:

Post a Comment