Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer Reverie (c)


Summer Afternoon, Summer Afternoon!!!

The happiest words I croon…
A song of remembrance of yesteryear
When the languid days made it clear….

“What a lovely time is summer!”
A hummingbird is the hummer…

A wonder it floats through the air
From flower to flower with delicate care….

Propelled by the morning wings so fleeting
Their enchanting tiny excursion my greeting…

The sunflower banquette in a seaside lullaby
Leans toward the sun like a happy child’s cry…

Wild blossoms tumble in profusion I spy
And the morning glory climbs up to the sky…

The sweet primrose waits till sunset to unfurl
Unlocking its rich perfume like a rare pearl…

At night the breeze caresses like a feather
Sent as a gift of fair weather…

Wafting against my cheek like a lover
I dream of its touch only to discover…

A thunderclap tears apart our embrace
Into a shelter, cooled off we race…

I can never forget those halcyon days
United with nature despite the haze…

Longingly I yearn to remember these treasures
Knowing this reverie can never be measured.



No comments:

Post a Comment