Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Pipes, The Pipes Have Burst!!! (15 Park Avenue) By Polly Guerin

The Pipes, The Pipes have burst!!! 
By Polly Guerin


The Pipes, The Pipes have burst
More than anything this is the worst

How shall we squelch our thirst
The plumber's back this is the first

Washing dishes in the bathroom sink 
When will the pipes restore in a wink?

Another day delay and still no water
The pipes have seen the better sorter

Their old and tired what more can I say
'Cept, the plumbers back again today

Yes, the same one who came here
To my own apartment in yesteryear

Said he: "I kept the poem you wrote of me"
Really!!! I exclaimed with a note of glee

Alas, an urgent knocking at the door
Let me know the status what was in store

Frank,announced with supervisional pride
The pipes were restored, I need not hide

Then the water began to flow as it did before
Oh, this whole pipe episode was such a bore!

No comments:

Post a Comment